The Shure Beta 58A® is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide.
The Beta 58A maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. The Beta 58A has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille.
Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise output
Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
Minimally effected by varying load impedance
Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV)
- *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing.
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille.
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter
- Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8"-27 thread, black finish.
- See User Guide.
- Net Weight
- 278 grams (9.92 oz)
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.