The Beta 53 is a fully adjustable omnidirectional condenser headworn vocal microphone, designed for applications where unconspicuous appearance and incredible sound quality are required. Its lightweight, adjustable, modular headband, flexible wireframe and soft earpieces provide a comfortable fit while still allowing the Beta 53 to be positioned as close to the left or right corner of the mouth as possible, assuring maximum voice pickup.
The Beta 53 microphone features an extended frequency response and high SPL handling ability. It is uniquely designed to provide the sound quality and performance consistency required for environments such as professional theater, event production, trade shows and seminars.
A wireless version is available as the WBH53.
- Comfortable, latex-free Dynaflex® earforms that hide behind the ears
- Thin, non-reflective wireframe that is easily hidden underneath hair
- Ultra-thin detachable microphone boom mount for right or left positioning
- Interchangeable frequency response caps (mild or high, two pieces each)
- Two foam windscreens included
- Clothing clip for securing cable
- Corrosion resistant
- Easy to clean
- Durable carrying case for protective storage
- Available with either TA4F connectors or tinned leads (no connector) for full wireless system compatibility
- Includes In-Line Preamplifier
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 20KHz|
|Output Noise (equivalent
|39.0 dB typical; 42.0 dB maximum|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||55 dB at 94 dB SPL|
|Recommended Minimum Input
|Preamp Output Impedance||136 ohms|
|Output Level, open circuit, ref.
1v/Pa at 1 kHz
|-50.0 +/- 3.0dB
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level||147 dBSPL at 1% THD/1 kilohm load|
|Dynamic Range||108 dB (max. SPL with 1k load, minus
typical A-wt. noise)
|Current Drain||4.6 mA (preamp and microphone)|
Positive pressure on the
diaphragm produces a positive
|Pin 2 relative to pin 3 at the output
connector of the preamp
|Power Requirements||Phantom power; 11 to 52 Vdc positive
on pins 2 and 3, return on pin 1 (ground)
|Net Weight||135.35 g (4.75 oz.)
microphone and in-line preamp
|Cable||1.5 m (5 ft.), small-diameter, shielded, with mini 4-pin connector (TA4F)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.