MODULEThe main panel features a 24 x 2 lines display, 12 buttons, volume knob.
2 PCM card slots and headphones output.
FACTORY U220 RESET
1. Press JUMP and VALUE
2. hold MARK and JUMP, the s ENTER.
3. hold MARK, press PART INST LEFT
4. Press ENTER, then press the VALUE UP button.
5. hold MARK and JUMP, finally EXIT
- Midi interface
- 2 main stereo out
- 4 stereo aux outputs (no effects)
SOUND system based on a Intel P8098 CPU which handles 30 voices polyphonic subtractive synthesis RS PCM Resynthesized Pulse Code Modulation. RS concept resynthesizes and rebuilds new harmonics using a custom sample interpolation, but it lacks a filter structure, in fact RS can be mistaken with older L.A synthesis implemented in Roland D-50 model. Sound hierarchy is a bit confusing: the lowest level is a tone which is composed by either 1 or 2 samples (2 samples tone reduces the whole polyphony) out of 128 tones available (drum is apart) with no possible edit. The upper level is the timbre composed by a single tone that has some editable parameters: volume, detune and vibrato LFO. Finally 6 timbres make a patch for performance.
WAVETABLE 4 Pure rompler synth: 3MB ROM (6X 512 kb ROM) is organized in 2 sound groups:
CARD EXPANSION The ROM can be expanded using special PCM cards, also compatible with: Here's the list of available models:
ENVELOPE a single 4-stages amplitude EG.
LFO modulates only the amplitude with variable depth, delay time and 9 shapes: triangle, sinewave, square, saw up, saw down, trill (x2) and random (x2). Special AUTOBEND function is a basic modulation for a pitch-warp effect, so it should be considered as another simpler LFO.
EFFECTS there are 2 main FX sections with limited edit parameters:
- reverb: 9 presets including hall, delay, room and gate
- chorus: 5 presets including chorus, flanger and delay.
MEMORY 64 patches + 64 performances + 4 rhythm sets. MEMORY is doubled if RAM card model Roland m-256 is fitted.
Roland U220 Specifications
Rack unit: 1 standard
DISPLAY: 24 x 2 backlit LCD
LAST RETAIL PRICE: $1095
ROM CARD SLOTS: 2 – compatible with SN-U110
OUTPUTS: 6 – 2 1/4′ L/R + 2 sets of 1/4′ L/R Direct
Dimensions(LxWxH) : 19 x 14.1 x 1.8" (482 x 358 x 45 mm)
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.