The Rane VC 18 UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) Voltage Converter is a special purpose DC-DC converter used to power Rane products equipped with red modular jacks and designed for external Remote AC Power, i.e., RAP units. The VC 18 provides inputs for simultaneous powering by AC and DC power. When the AC power fails, the VC 18 automatically switches to DC power, thus providing uninterruptible power. The AC power source may be either an RS 1, RS 2, FRS 8 or a RAP 10. The DC power is either a 12 volt or 24 volt battery, connected to the #6 terminals on the VC 18. (Special protection circuits provide safe operation of the VC 18 in harsh automotive and other mobile environments.)
The VC 18 may be used to provide emergency back-up power for all Rane products designed for remote power. See the Application Information on the back of this sheet for a complete discussion on which Rane units apply, and powering more than one unit at a time.
- Uninterruptible Power Source
- Ac Input & 12/24 Vdc Battery Input
- ±18 Vdc Dc/Dc Converter Output
- 6w Output; Expandable to 2x6w
- Fully Regulated
- High Output Allows ±15 Volt Regulators to Operate
- Reverse & Overvoltage Protection
- Transient Spike Protection
- System Power Switch
- Ignition Switch Terminal
- Output Ground Isolated from Input
- Complete EMI/RFI Shielding
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.