Product ID : DISTRIO-M-2192
Just slightly larger than our 1202-VLZ3, the Mackie 1402-VLZ3 offers everything its little brother has, plus two additional mic/line channels, faders instead of knobs and a few extra Master Section features. Ideal for home and project studios, the 1402-VLZ3 is equally at home on the road, on the stage or in the recording studio. With its new look, ergonomic carry handle and upgraded electronics, the new 1402-VLZ3 just might redefine the term "perfection".
While keeping all the features and functionality of its predecessor, the new Mackie 1402-VLZ3 offers even greater headroom. We could have stopped right then and there, but we're obsessed with perfection. So we redesigned the Mix Bus, tweaked the EQs and created a mixer with a highly intuitive, musical feel.
VASTLY SUPERIOR XDR2 MIC PREAMPS
Our new XDR2 (Extended Dynamic Range), second-generation mic preamps are better than ever. These new pre's offer incredibly low noise, with individual mic pre THD below 0.0007% and overall mixer THD less than 0.0025%. With 60dB of available gain per channel, the 1402-VLZ3 can handle inputs ranging from a whisper to a scream and can even handle hot line-level signals up to +22db, without any added coloration. You simply won't find preamps this good on any other mixer in this price range.
We invested tremendous resources optimizing the center frequencies of our 3-band Active EQ's. By selecting 80Hz, 2.5kHz and 12kHz for the Lows, Mids and Highs, respectively, we created an even more musical EQ than on previous VLZ's. With up to 15dB boost/cut capability per band, VLZ3's Active EQ provides more tone-sculpting latitude than any other mixer in its class.
The Mackie 1402-VLZ3 is packed with premium features on every mic channel: 75Hz Low-Cut filters, two Aux Sends, inserts, phantom power, constant-loudness Pan controls and Pre Fader Solo. And since you can never have too many output options, we provided a Control Room/Phones source matrix, Master Aux section with EFX to Monitor, tape outputs, a high-volume headphone amplifier and balanced XLR and TRS outputs.
NEED EVEN MORE FLEXIBILITY?
Greg Mackie's mind was working overtime when he originally came up with this: instead of sending muted signals into the vacuum of space, why not do something useful with them? So, when you press the mute button on the 1402-VLZ3, the signal is indeed muted, but it also appears at the ALT 3-4 output jacks and ALT 3-4 stereo bus. This is an ideal way to create additional Aux Sends and mixes for cry rooms, green rooms or assistive listening, etc. And with a press of a button, the ALT 3-4 mix can be assigned to the Main output, which means ALT 3-4 can act very much like a "mixer within a mixer." For instance, you could assign the backup vocals to the ALT 3-4 bus and then use the CTL ROOM/SUBMIX fader to add them back into the main mix. Now one fader controls the level of those channels as a single unit.
1402-VLZ3 VERSUS 1202-VLZ3
At 12.9" x 14" x 3.2", the 1402-VLZ3 is just slightly larger than the 1202. It features two more mic/line channels and, for those of you who prefer sliding to twisting, 60mm, long-wearing, log-taper faders versus the 1202's rotary pots. And that's just the obvious stuff. Under the hood the 1402-VLZ3 has an assignable Solo AFL/PFL switch, independent Left and Right Main output faders and a Level Set LED.
You'll find Mackie mixers everywhere you go, from video post-production facilities to major artist tour buses, to duty as field mixers for news departments of all the major networks. Drummers and keyboardists use them to send submixes to front-of-house and monitor consoles. VLZ3 compact mixers are the ideal choice for any situation requiring superior audio mixing, especially where space and/or budget constraints are an issue.
- New, ultra-low noise VLZ3 design with highest possible headroom
- 6, studio-grade XDR2 Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps with:
- oUltra-wide 60dB gain range
- o130dB dynamic range
- o+22dBu line input handling
- oExtended low frequency response
- oDistortion under 0.0007% (20Hz - 20kHz)
- oPhantom power for studio condenser mics
- 12, high-headroom line inputs
- Advanced DC pulse transformer RF rejection
- 2 Aux sends, level, pan and PFL solo on each channel
- 2 stereo Aux returns + EFX to Monitor
- 3-Band Active EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
- 18dB/oct. 75Hz Lo-Cut filter on Mic input channels
- ALT 3/4 stereo bus for added versatility
- Control Room/Phones source matrix
- Rack-mountable design using optional rack ears
- Sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime
- New Multi-Voltage power supply for worldwide use
- Rugged steel chassis
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.