The Crest Audio CA6 professional power amplifier is designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability—even when operating under extreme stress—in touring or fixed installation applications. Absolute sonic accuracy is the hallmark of every Crest amplifier. Bass is solid and defined to the limits of audibility, with ample current reserves delivered by an “over-engineered” power supply and advanced Class H circuitry. Wide-bandwidth output devices assure detailed, transparent high frequency response. And, thanks to Crest’s exclusive IGM circuit, the CA6 will drive 2Ω loads safely without compromise in performance.
Construction and Quality Control
The CA6 is built exclusively in Crest’s own USA manufacturing facility, with internal components selected for premium quality and proven durability. Each modular subassembly is pre-tested, and the assembled CA6 receives a rigorous “hot room” burn-in before thorough final checkout on precision test equipment.
- Crest’s legendary “overbuilt” power supply
- Toroidal power transformer
- Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
- Twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
- Dual, variable speed DC fans
- Massive, extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs
- 5-Way binding post outputs or Speakon™ connectors (market dependent)
- Stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode selector switch
- Ground lift switch
- TourClass® protection circuits:
- ACL (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold.
- IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2Ω impedances.
- AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when amplifier is turned on.
- TourClass also includes comprehensive thermal management, and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
- Input sensitivity selection
- Recessed, stepped attenuators
- Front panel circuit breaker switch
- Modular construction
|1kHz, 0.01% THD+N||20Hz-20kHz, 0.1% THD+N|
|8Ω Stereo Power||400W||350W|
|4Ω Stereo Power||600W||500W|
|2Ω Stereo Power||750W||600W|
|8Ω Bridged Mono Power||1200W||1000W|
|4Ω Bridged Mono Power||1500W||1200W|
|Max RMS Output Voltage (each channel||73V|
|Peak Output Voltage (each channel)||103V|
|Frequency Response (+0 / -0.3dB, 1W/8Ω)||20Hz-20kHz, -3dB@135kHz|
|Power Bandwidth (rated power at 4Ω, 1% THD+N||20Hz-20kHz, -1.1dB/+0dB|
|Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth||3.5" x 19" x 18" / 89 x 483 x 457mm|
|Gross Weight, Net Weight||49 lbs. / 22.25 kg., 44 lbs. / 19.98 kg|
1. At checkout, select Affirm as your payment method
2. Enter a few pieces of information and get a real-time decision
3. Enjoy your purchase, and pay over time. Your payments will be automatically charged, so you can sit back and relax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.