Astatic 901VP is a condenser boundary microphone with a continuously variable polar pattern. It is primarily designed to capture speech and voice for sound-reinforcement and teleconferencing applications in governmental, institutional, religious, and business settings.
When positioned on conference tables, desks, stage floors, or lecterns, the 901VP takes advantage of the boundary effect to capture a clear speech with reduced room ambience for intelligibility.
The continuously variable polar pattern allows the installer to precisely tailor the voice pickup pattern for the best performance depending on the application or environment.
Suitable for business applications, the 901VP is built to resist interference from devices such as cell phones and two-way communication devices. It also features a rugged metal body and shock-absorbing rubber bottom for easy placement on almost any flat surface.
The 901VP comes with a 30' detachable microphone cable that is terminated with a TA3F connector at one end and a 3-pin male XLR connector at the other. To operate, the mic requires 12, 24, or 48 V phantom power consuming 4mAh.
Continuously Variable Polar Pattern
- The continuously variable polar pattern offers cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns with in-between variations
- The polar pattern can be quickly changed using the built-in control located under the mic
Control Polar Pattern Remotely
- The polar pattern can be changed remotely by setting the onboard variable pattern control to figure-8 and adding the CAD Audio VPC-1 remote variable pattern control box (available separately) between the microphone and audio mixer.
- The pattern can also be electronically controlled by utilizing the 40-360 DSP cable and corresponding software (both available separately) with compatible digital-signal platforms.
Cut Unwanted Low Frequencies with High-Pass Filter
- The integrated 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave high-pass filter removes unwanted low-frequency energy such as rumble, room ambience, and proximity noise to improve speech intelligibility
|Form Factor||Boundary/Surface Mount|
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Capsule||1 x Condenser|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional|
|Pattern Selection||Continuously Variable (Adjustable on Mic)|
|High-Pass Filter||80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave|
|On-Board Controls||Polar Pattern|
|Frequency Range||100 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||120 dB SPL|
|Equivalent Noise Level||22 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors (Analog)||1 x TA3M 3-Pin Male (on Mic)|
|Cable Length||30' / 9.14 m (Straight)|
|Operating Voltage||12 to 48 V (Phantom Power)|
|Operating Current Consumption||4 mA|
|Certifications||RoHS, as per Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||H: 0.79 x W: 2.99 x L: 4.29" / H: 20 x W: 76 x L: 109 mm|
|Weight||6.7 oz / 190 g|
|Package Weight||1.215 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.6 x 4.55 x 3.15"|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.